Saturday, May 3, 2014

tokens of appreciation, part 1


When three of my (somewhat shy) friends chose to get out there and try out for the school play, I was amazed by their bravery.  I mean, pretending to be another person... in front of someone... enthusiastically?  That sounds really scary.  I wanted them to know how cool a thing they had just done was, and did so by making these cards of Adoration.  


Sure, it's got my face on it, but it also has theirs!  This was simply the most straightforward way for me to tell them I thought they were brave.  When I'm brave, I want someone to point it out.  I DEMAND IT.  I don't demand it.  But I'm just saying it's a nice thing to do.


The back looks like this.  They're around 2x3 inches, on card stock.  I used colorful markers like these.  You can get the little cards, pre-cut (also know as "Artist Trading Cards"!!!) at any art store.

When you've made a few, just hand them to your friends whenever convenient.  They're very portable.  You can even make some blank ones to hand out spur-of-the-moment, in case you witness an act of bravery first hand.  

Also -- are you worried you won't be able to draw a little chibi version of yourself?  I've even gone so far as to make a teeny tutorial on that, because I really want to be an advocate for these cards.  If all else fails, though, just make something up.  It's not about the art, it's about the APPRECIATION, people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment