Thursday, July 31, 2014

~*in the moment*~ bookmarks



I felt like reading, probably because there was harder work to be done.  It was beautiful, mid-afternoon.  How could I be expected to do my chores in such conditions?  I would read.  

Franny and Zooey conveniently rested on the family bookshelf.  I had never read it before, which was even more convenient.  My hand gripped its glossy surface as I proceeded to the couch.  That's when I was walloped with a mind-twisting obstacle: what would I use as a bookmark?  Glancing once more at the book, I took in its sparse, vintage cover.  It was a pretty book.  I wanted a pretty bookmark - one that gave me the same cozy feeling the book did.  

And so, in five minutes, I had one ready.


You, too, can compose a bookmark of equal sentiment and easiness.  Here is what you will need:


Use scissors (not featured above) to cut your card stock in the shape of a bookmark.  Mine is exactly 5 .5 inches by 2.1 inches, but do whatever fits your needs.  For instance, consider the size of your book.  Larger books require larger bookmarks, while tiny books suit bookmarks the size of a baby's thumb.  

Apply smaller clippings to your bookmark with glue or tape.  These clippings should further reflect the mood you are in, your beliefs, or the theme of the book you will read.  


You can use stickers, old birthday cards from an age you no longer associate with, magazine cutouts, and especially old wrapping paper.  These will act as the vessels of your inspiration, creativity, and motivation.  Cherish them.  

No go and enjoy reading!





2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your previous blog and was sad to see the posts end! Got directed over here and see its been over a year since you last posted! I hope you somehow see this and decide to post again!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you!! I am thrilled to discover my blogs are discover-able. I would actually love to start posting again. My previous blog is a little... extinct. This one has more hope :)
      Your comment is very encouraging. Let me know if you have a blog! I would love to check it out.

      Delete