Friday, April 25, 2014

clay foods, and you


If you've taken a good long look at my diagram above, you now know that tiny clay models of food are irresistible.  Part of their excitability comes in making them.  There are polymer clay food cookbooks in bookstores.  There is also a huge DIY culture that surrounds their making.  
I got wrapped up in this trend when I was in seventh grade, when I saw my first tutorial video on Youtube.  It went something like this:

"So today we're going to be making this very cute tiny hamburger out of polymer clay..." in a nasally, pre-pubescent girl voice.  I could listen to those things for hours, until a drool formed on my lips and I fell into a sleep-like state.

I made my own tutorial as a form of re-visiting this old past time, and found myself making more and more cupcakes after I was done with the first forty-eight.  Just kidding, I've only made nine.  They make great charms.  I recommend slipping them into the pockets of that cute boy/girl at school, which will guarantee you their love.

** bake polymer clay (found at Michael's, in little squares) at 275 degrees for 15 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment