Sunday, June 1, 2014

pottery shop people

I recently got my first job, working at a paint-your-own-pottery place.  It's great!  I feel accomplished on so many levels, as though sunshine is pouring out from multiple locations on my body.  Sorry for that image.  It took effort to get, though, so lalalalala.
I've only worked two days, but am already getting excited about all the interesting people I'll see each day.  I've sketched out some of the best "CHARACTERS" so far.


This is the impish older sister of a girl inside the shop, who NEVER came inside.  The whole time her 6-year-old (or so) younger sister was painting away, she hovered by the window in an anxious state.  Sometimes I'd look over, and she'd be in a different spot, but still by the window, and I'd get a little creeped out.  I think she came inside once, but only for a second.  


There was a man who stayed in the shop for literally three hours, working only on a mug.  He went all out with this mug, measuring different spots with a special ruler and tracing lines with pencil.  I'm sure it will be the most perfect mug anyone has ever made.  Meanwhile, children from a birthday party were zooming around his table in circles.  He stayed focused, but I later learned that he is a lawyer and likes to come here to relax and be creative.  His daughters are artists.


Last but not least, four girls came into the shop all wearing identical stretchy skirts of different colors.  It perplexed me, but others cease to be amazed.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I am SO going to have to paint me a mug just to get into your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete